Jumper, boots and Jacket: & Other Stories, Jeans: Levi's, Beret: Vintage, bag: Mansur Gavriel
Tomorrow is my Birthday and I turn the grand old age of 28 so I thought I'd share with you guys 28 things I've learnt throughout my 28 years on this planet! Here goes..
1. It's ok to ask questions - whether that be in work life or otherwise, i've never been the type of person who likes to ask questions and just try to get on as best I can and figure out as I go. I've always felt like 'oh I don't want to be annoying asking things all of the time' but i've definitely learnt that it's more annoying if you don't ask and have to do it all over again because you didn't ask how to do it properly in the first place. We are not mind readers, sometimes things need explaining and that's ok!
2. Worrying is pointless - I am the biggest worrier about anything and everything, big and small, however over the years I have learnt that worrying is a complete waste of your time. Is it going to change the outcome of what you are worrying about? No. Spend your time lolling instead.
3. Speaking of spending your time, time is so precious - it's ok to be choosy with whom and what you spend it on. The older I get, the more I am constantly flabbergasted at 'just how quick the year has gone', but lets be honest here, every year has the same 365 days allocated to it, I'm just getting old. The older and wiser (possibly) you get though, the more you definitely start to value you time.
4. Comparison really is the thief of joy - as much as we all do it (I am totally guilty), comparing yourselves to others will only make you sad.
5. You're not going to be everyones cup of tea, it's ok, you're not a bacon sandwich.
6. Mam's know best and are ALWAYS right. I used to try and challenge this when I was younger however i've learnt to just accept that they are always right so you might as well just listen to them in the first place and save yourself some time...
7. Nothing lasts forever (whether that be happiness or sadness) so the next time you're feeling shitty remember it's only temporary, and when you're feeling happy as Larry (seriously though who is Larry?!) hold onto it for as long as you can.
8. Money is for spending - you can't take it with you so might as well treat yo'self (never not treating myself...)
9. Your hair will always look beaut the day you are about to go get it all chopped off, even though you have hated it for the past month. FACT.
10. Manners cost nothing - you should always use them.
11. Cereal tastes best at night time.
12. You will never find 'the perfect stripe'.
13. It's easier to be nice - my Mam has always said this to me since I was young and it really is, it actually takes more energy to be anything other.
14. Bourbons dipped in orange squash are surprisingly great.
15. Nothing changes if you don't - If you carry on doing the exact same thing for the next ten years then you're only gonna get the exact same outcome. Don't be afraid of change and taking risks sometimes.
16. Anyone south of Leeds will always laugh at the way I say cookie.
17. There's no time like the present - do it now, whatever that 'it' is, because tomorrow is not a guarantee.
18. My head is the size of a pea.
19. If you care enough you have time. We are so consumed with 'I'm so busy, I haven't got time' but the reality is, if you really want to, you'll make time.
20. Being diabetic is shit, but the NHS are amazing.
21. Papa John's pizza is the best takeaway pizza you will ever eat. Fact.
22. You've got to wade through the shit to come out with the gold... Ok so I love a 'saying' (if you hadn't guessed by now - queue old lady emoji) and might have made this one up butttt basically in order to feel the absolute highs we have to have hit the absolute lows to make us realise just how good the good really is.
23. I'm so clumsy. When I was little my Dad used to sing to me (changing the words from the Crowded House song Weather With You) 'Everywhere you go, you always spill the coke...'
24. You will always be your worst critic, no one cares as much as you do.
25. If it wasn't for the last minute, I'd never get anything done.
26. Your thyroid is in your neck! I legit thought it was in your tummy until about a month ago. LOL.
27. Never expect anything - I absolutely hate the feeling of disappointment and being let down so I’ve learnt that if you never expect anything then you can only ever be pleasantly surprised.
28. Everything always works out in the end.
You can shop my outfit below: