A New Year
Updated: a day ago
Happy new year to you all!
Apologies it's been a while since my last post but I'm back from some time off and ready to tackle the year ahead (although we are already 14 days in....) with some kind of positivity. It hasn't been a great start has it, lets be honest, but I'm really trying to keep myself busy and take each day as it comes rather than think too far ahead. I'm not really one for New Years resolutions, but I am making a note of things I'd like to focus on over the next few months whilst we are back in lockdown, and keep my mind busy with little projects in the hope that I can feel productive in some way. Hopefully these inspire you all too if you're feeling a little lost right now...
- Read more books! Last year I barely read any as I just didn't dedicate the time to it, and so this year I'm already one down and really enjoying making the time.
- Get those odds and ends done at home - framing pictures and getting them up on the walls, de-bobbling my knitwear, fixing bits and bobs, having a good old sort and cleaning the flat from top to bottom. We all have those things we have been meaning to do for get but you just keep putting off, or forget, or need to order a part etc. so now is the perfect time to get all of those little jobs done.
- Get creative - I have a started sewing again and I'm absolutely loving it! I have always loved making things and did Textiles for A-level but kind of stopped over the last few years as I'm *always so busy* but turns out if you really want to do something you just make the time. I've been making cushions from vintage fabrics and I'm so pleased with how they have turned out so far that I may make more for you guys to buy too! Watch this space...
- Film some reels and video content for IG - I must admit that I don't love video content, neither creating it or watching it to be honest and I'm much more of a visual images person, however this year I do really want to push myself to create more video content and hopefully enjoy the process too!
- Invest in my home - as we are spending more time that ever in our homes, why not make it the best, cosiest, calming and generally lovely place to be? Not sure if it's my age lol or just the fact that I'm in it so much but now more than ever I want my flat to be my haven. I'm constantly looking at home/ interior images and Inspo and all I want to buy right now are pieces for my home! It really is looking very cosy indeed though and making me v. happy too :)
My final focus for the next few months is to make more time for myself/ don't feel guilty for doing nothing some times... we all need to remember that it's totally fine to just relax and take some time to do nothing too - sometimes just getting out of bed is a struggle so I'm absolutely all about celebrating the small wins we can too.
Wishing you all the best for 2021 :)